The EMS physicians at OSU Medical Center are board certified emergency physicians with extensive training and EMS experience. Each has completed the requirements set forth by the State of Ohio for the position of medical director and have knowledge and training in the following areas:
- Medical aspects of care consistent with the mission profile of both ground and air ambulance services
- Aspects of ground service EMS units to include pertinent regulatory issues, safety issues,vehicle capabilities, equipment requirements and performance
- Operational aspects of communications equipment and dispatch procedures
- Training in pre-hospital and inter-hospital transport issues and laws
- Medical control and medical command issues, such as protocols, standing orders, triage and capabilities of care providers
- Quality improvement theories and applications
For additional information contact Bill Barks, CEMS program manager, at (614) 293-5101 or by e-mail at William.Barks@osumc.edu.